I’ve been wrestling with a cold the last few days, but today I finally got to the point where I was able to head out and do some errands. Among these was a run to Third Place to drop off several books that got nominated for the Return and Re-Buy as Ebooks list, which snagged me a tasty bit of store credit to turn around and then spend on stuff specifically not available electronically. So I got:
- Prince of Fire and Ashes, by Katya Reimann. Book 3 of a fantasy trilogy that I started ages ago because I met the author once, via a mutual connection to !
- Golden Witchbreed, by Mary Gentle. SF. Bought because it’s the predecessor to Ancient Light, a book I’d read without realizing it was a sequel. So I wanted to swing back and read this one.
- Corelli’s Mandolin, by Louis de Bernières. Bought because it was recommended.
- Trick of the Mind, by Cassandra Chan. Mystery. Bought because while it’s book 3 of a series and I don’t want to start in the middle of a series, I saw Cassandra Chan spoken well of elsewhere and the premise of this book sounded fun.
and I also received a book as a gift from , to wit:
- Dara: A Victorian Novel, by Anonymous. Gifted, presumably, because of the title. ;)
Meanwhile, picked up from Kobo because of spending some coupon codes:
- Preincarnate, by Shaun Micallef. This is a novella and was on their list of ‘here have some cheap ebooks’. Thought it sounded fun.
- The Year of the Flood, by Margaret Atwood. SF. Have already read this one as a library book, but bought it because I felt it deserved a place in my library.
Picked up from Fictionwise because they had a tasty, tasty 60 percent off coupon active over Christmas weekend:
- The Bone Doll’s Twin, Hidden Warrior, and The Oracle’s Queen, by (Lynn Flewelling). Fantasy. Bought because I’ve traded a few tweets with her courtesy of the Outer Alliance!
- The Study Series Bundle, by Maria V. Snyder. Fantasy. Bought because Fictionwise was selling all three of these books as one big ebook, and I figured what the hell, pretty much.
- Inside Out, also by Maria V. Snyder. YA/SF.
- Havemercy, by Danielle Bennett and Jaida Jones. Fantasy. Bought because it’s got queer romance in it.
- The White Garden: A Novel of Virginia Woolf, by Stephanie Barron. Mystery. Bought because I like the author’s “Jane Austen solves mysteries” novels.
- Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane. Urban fantasy. Bought because while I didn’t go for her book Personal Demons, this sounds more like it might be my cup of tea.
- Midsummer Moon and The Prince of Midnight, by Laura Kinsale. Romance. Bought because the fine ladies over at Smart Bitches keep speaking well of this author!
- A Kiss to Remember, by Teresa Medeiros. Romance. Again bought because of the Smart Bitches, and okay yeah fine, I’m a sucker for an amnesia plot. ;)
- Dark Road to Darjeeling, by Deanna Raybourn. Romance/mystery. Book 4 of the author’s Julia Gray series, which I’ve enjoyed so far.
And this, my children, brings me to 404 total for the year. Which’ll be it for 2010, I expect. We’ll see if I top this total for 2011!
ETA 9:07pm: No wait I forgot one! The End: Five Queer Kids Save the World, by my fellow Outer Alliance author Nora Olsen. It’s about pretty much what it says on the tin: five queer kids saving the world from nuclear apocalypse. Bought because YA queer fic for the win. 405!