This was a very busy session, featuring the acquisition of Dawnbreaker and the Masque of Clavicus Vile, becoming thane in Falkreath, making significant inroads on becoming thane in Riften, and last but not least, acquiring Breezehome in Whiterun.Continue reading “In Which Delga Becomes Thane of Falkreath and Gains Dawnbreaker and Breezehome”
I came into this session mostly thinking that I’d work on getting Temba Wide-Arm her bear skins, and also doing that dragon bounty in the Rift.
The way it worked out, though, I also got a boatload of quests queued up in Riften, since being there to collect the bounty meant I was able to go talk to all the Riften NPCs while they were still actually alive!
And then I went to go do the Daedra’s Best Friend quest since I had the pointer for that in Falkreath. Very busy session all around!Continue reading “In Which Delga Goes on a Bear Hunt and Assists a Daedra’s Dog”
In this session, the primary action was re-doing plots I’d already done with Alarrah—but which I liked well enough that I wanted to go ahead and do them again. And, I did another burglary job in Whiterun.
As always, deets behind the fold!Continue reading “In Which Merawen Joins the Mage College”
This session was mostly all about the side quests, some longer than others, with the primary one being the final stage of the quest about the White Phial in Windhelm. Highlights:
- Went back to Haemar’s Shame, a vampire nest I’d cleared out before for the Daedric quest for Clavicus Vile, to find the book Urag wanted for the college
- Went to Lost Tongue Overlook to find another Word Wall; killed an Elder Dragon there
- Stopped in Riften to sell things, unload, and say hi to my new housecarl Iona
- Tried to go on the quest to get the item that needs enchanting, but discovered it’s actually in Raven Rock, which is on Solstheim, and I am not prepared to go there yet, so skipping that for now
- Instead, took the book back to the college, and got the Illusion trainer to bump me up a couple of ticks to finish out my training for level 48
- Then went to Windhelm to follow up with Quintus Navale about the White Phial; got the request from him to find three particular ingredients, and went off to hunt those down
- Re-visited the top of the Throat of the World, said hi to Paarthurnax, and went a little higher this time to find the Unmelting Snow—and also, bonus enchanted pickaxe, malachite and ebony ore veins, and the gold chest full of the tunic, shield, and sword that are a Zelda easter egg in the Switch build of this game, lol
- Second thing I had to get was powdered mammoth tusk, and for that I had to raid a giant camp
- That camp turned out to be one of the ones within walking distance of Heljarchen, so I stopped off there to say hi to Gregor, put the Zelda gear on one of the mannequins in the armory, and do a little building of additional furnishings
- Hoofed it from Heljarchen down to Whiterun; on the way, saw another dragon (Blood Dragon this time) attacking the Halted Stream bandit camp; tried to take on the dragon, but it never got close enough to engage and finally it flew off; discovered that yep, the dragon had killed the bandits, so I scavenged the place a little
- Dropped off more things in Whiterun, said hi to Lydia, and proceeded to look for the third and final ingredient, a briar heart, at a Forsworn camp I hadn’t been to before
- On the way to the Forsworn, killed another dragon, a named one this time, Nahagliiv
- While clearing the Forsworn camp, triggered a side quest to find Red Eagle’s sword by reading one of the books they had
- Went back to Windhelm to bring the ingredients to Quintus, who hastily repaired the Phial—and wound up giving it to me
I’ve been posting play by play updates of my adventures in Skyrim, a thing that folks are telling me on both Twitter and Facebook that they enjoy reading. It has, however, occurred to me that it might actually be nice to post that stuff to the blog! Not only for the sake of new actual content, but also for the sake of anybody who actually reads my blog (or the Dreamwidth mirror), and who might be entertained by my Skyrim adventures.
I’m not going to re-post all the play by plays up to this point, just because redoing them is work I don’t feel like doing. But to bring everybody who doesn’t follow me on social media up to speed, here’s where I am in the game so far. (And while this is primarily a summary of in-game activity, I’m also throwing in periodic in-character commentary, just because this is so immersive a game that it really does feel like my old MUSHing days.)
Lots of gaming geekery behind the fold!