And I still have room on the nook (although I’m getting close to needing a memory card for the thing)! So y’all should be able to guess what that means. Yes, that’s right: another book roundup!
Purchased electronically recently (and most of these were last night):
- Rebel, by Zoe Archer. Paranormal romance, Book #3 of her Blades of the Rose series. Review is forthcoming!
- Pegasus, by Robin McKinley. Fantasy, and I believe this also counts as YA? Bought because, well, Robin McKinley.
- Half Past Dead, by Zoe Archer and Bianca D’Arc. Paranormal romance. Got this as a freebie from B&N, mostly because of the tie-in with Archer’s aforementioned Blades of the Rose novels.
- The Secret Sister, by Elizabeth Lowell. Romantic suspense; this is a re-buy of a book previously owned in print.
- Whirlpool, by Elizabeth Lowell. Same.
- Dragonhaven, by Robin McKinley. Fantasy/YA. See previous commentary re: Robin McKinley! I actually already own this in hardcover as well, but wanted the e-copy so I can actually get the darned thing read, since I’m not likely to carry the hardback around.
- A Kiss Before the Apocalypse, by Thomas E. Sniegoski. Urban fantasy; incarnated angel of war as a PI. Not sure of the angel aspect, but I did like this guy’s piece in the Mean Streets anthology, so I thought I’d give his series’ Book 1 a shot. (This is also actually a re-buy of a book previously owned in print, though I haven’t read this one yet.)
- Touched by an Alien, by Gini Koch. Urban fantasy/paranormal romance (not sure which yet). Bought mostly because it got a lot of lulz when it came out and I’ll want this when I’m in the mood for something light and fluffy.
And, bought this morning in print, just because I can still walk into a physical bookstore and find something I’ll want to buy if I pay attention to the wishlist:
- The Ivy Tree, by Mary Stewart. Because you don’t get much more awesome than Mary Stewart when it comes to old-school Gothic romance.
Total for the year: 343!