Yesterday I had an eye exam, which required me to alter my usual morning commute–and sacrificed my daily morning swing through Pike Place Market, on the grounds that I could get to work a lot faster after my appointment was done if I took the 30 and went practically straight to Big Fish, vs. taking a 70-something and going downtown and doing the usual marketwalk.
So when I went through the market in the evening, the Handsomest of Marketboys gave me this stern “where the hell were you?” look and was all “we were going to call hospitals and everything!” To wit: HA. And also, clearly I must make a point of informing my marketpeeps (I must now say marketpeeps since now they have a marketgirl!) in advance when I will not be making my usual rounds.
Which of course led me, geekily brained as I am, to imagining a helpful web page they could consult in further situations of this nature, possibly called isangelacomingtothemarket.com. It would include options like:
- Yes! Save me a banana!
- Yes! Those raspberries aren’t going to eat themselves!
- No! My bus broke down and I’m running late!
- No! I’m home sick with a cold/the flu/the plague/Kellis-Amberlee!
- No! I’m working late tonight because all the servers are on FIRE and the QA team is frantically trying to verify when things will be fixed!
- No! We’re going out to sushi tonight. Mmmmmmm soooooooshi.
solarbirdand I are heading to Vancouver/Portland/Newfoundland for a Great Big Sea roadtrip! Because blackberries are swoonable and all but they still don’t beat Alan Doyle With a Bouzouki!
- No! The Murkworks has gone to Disneyland!
- No! The latest Dresden Files just dropped and I am putting EVERYTHING on hold until I find out what happened to Harry. I’m sure you understand!
- No! I just sold a novel and am too busy bouncing around the house shrieking!
- No! I just got my latest rejection letter and am busy sulking at the cats.
- No! The zombies have risen in Kenmore and
solarbird, spazzkatand I are currently huddled in the upper floor of our house, shooting zombies out of the second story front bedroom window. If I don’t survive, Marc, you can have my iPad as promised. Unless you’re the zombie that killed me.
What else would be on this web page, do you think? Suggest options in the comments!