Before I go on Internet hiatus next week, it is only just and appropriate that I give some blogging space to my very first PAX this past weekend!
You are currently browsing articles tagged pax.
Hi, I'm Angela Korra'ti, a.k.a. Anna the Piper. I'm a geek and a writer, and this is annathepiper.org, my site for all the forms of my personal geekdom. Grab a chair and raise a jar, as we say in Great Big Sea fandom! And if you'd like to check out updates about my writing, please feel free to visit angelakorrati.com too.
- The entire Victoria trip, part 3: SundayAnd now, to finish up my posts about going to Victoria at the beginning of April, here’s the recounting of what we did on Sunday of that weekend! The previous posts, for those of you who may have missed them, are: Friday, in which Anna and Dara declare that 6:30am is not an actual time… more […]
- Advice on self-publishing, part 2: Beta reading and editingApologies for being a bit late in getting this posted, folks–I’ve been fighting a head cold this week, so I’m not entirely up to speed. Nevertheless, here you go, part 2 of my thoughts on self-publishing. Hope y’all find this helpful! This post focuses in particular on beta reading and editing, things that, in my… more […]
- Tri-lingual Hobbit re-read: Chapter 12When last we left our hobbit and his merry dwarf boy band, they’d just finally found the secret door into the Lonely Mountain! And we know what this means, yes we do, my precious: SMAUG. Let’s get right down to the dragon-y goodness, shall we? General notes: Of course, right out of the gate with… more […]
- Another tune I figured out!To follow up on yesterday’s post of musical squee, I am delighted to report that that wasn’t actually the only fun musical thing I pulled off this weekend! As I reported earlier this week, session folks are encouraging me to learn Genticorum’s lovely little ditty “Valse de poeles” (Waltz of the Stoves). It was played… more […]
- Translation of Le Bon VinOne of the fun things about Google Analytics is that I can see what people who hit my site might have been searching for. And I’ve seen a couple of people come in now looking for a translation of Great Big Sea’s “Le Bon Vin”, which appears on the new XX album. Presumably they’re keying… more […]