The full extended play by play concert blog post is on the way, O Internets, but until I get back to my computer and can write it up properly (with pics because OH MY YES
- Dara being stunned to be able to use the phrase “bitchin’ metal hurdy-gurdy solo”
- Serious La Danse Verticale once the second set started and the show’s host and the band themselves started encouraging people to come up and dance
- Dancing with my girl, and singing along, while Simon Beaudry sang “Écris-moi”!
- I had a Cunning Plan come to fruition when the band came back out for the encore, and sang “Vive l’amour” for me and Dara and
maellenklethand siestabear! And Dara was all “what did you do?!” and I chirped “Surprise!” and then OMG champagne showed up, because fellow Le Vent fan Susan is made ENTIRELY OF AWESOME.
- And because M. Olivier Demers is also made entirely of awesome from his mighty fiddling hands down to his stompy, stompy feet, I made a point of going over to thank him to his face for the band’s participation in the aforementioned Cunning Plan! And he gave me and Dara and maellenkleth all hugs and the very French air kiss to each cheek!
Stand by for the full report in technicolor glory on Sunday!