This was a very busy session, featuring the acquisition of Dawnbreaker and the Masque of Clavicus Vile, becoming thane in Falkreath, making significant inroads on becoming thane in Riften, and last but not least, acquiring Breezehome in Whiterun.Continue reading “In Which Delga Becomes Thane of Falkreath and Gains Dawnbreaker and Breezehome”
I came into this session mostly thinking that I’d work on getting Temba Wide-Arm her bear skins, and also doing that dragon bounty in the Rift.
The way it worked out, though, I also got a boatload of quests queued up in Riften, since being there to collect the bounty meant I was able to go talk to all the Riften NPCs while they were still actually alive!
And then I went to go do the Daedra’s Best Friend quest since I had the pointer for that in Falkreath. Very busy session all around!Continue reading “In Which Delga Goes on a Bear Hunt and Assists a Daedra’s Dog”
Just what it says in the subject line, mostly–the two big events of this session were my defeating the Ebony Warrior, and getting both Ulfric and Tullius on board with the peace council hosted by the Greybeards.
Gee, I wonder how that’s going to go!Continue reading “In Which Merawen Defeats the Ebony Warrior and Arranges a Peace Council”
As of this session I found myself growing a bit weary of tromping around throwing a bunch of Illusion and Destruction spells around, and looking for excuses to pick fights with bandits and/or Falmer. So in between doing all of that, I did finally go to Dragonsreach in Whiterun, and get the Jarl to agree to help me trap a dragon—if I could do something about this war thing going on.Continue reading “In Which Merawen Finally Returns at Least a Bit to the Main Plot”
Very, very low-key session. Still in the midst of the push to get to level 80, and to get my magic skills up to 90/100.Continue reading “In Which Merawen Does Yet More General Adventuring and Crafting”
This was another “wander the land” session, doing what Paul tells me he calls “general adventuring”. The idea here being, wander around and see if something interesting happens!
And in this session’s wandering, I encountered what’s possibly the most delightful NPC encounter in all of Skyrim I’ve had to date!Continue reading “In Which Merawen Battles the Chicken Necromancer”
After yesterday’s big exciting post, this one is rather more low-key. In this session I mostly just focused on taking care of some pending side work, with the main goals being “get the remaining Stones of Barenziah” and “clear a few things off the Miscellaneous section of my journal quests”.
This session was pretty much all about Thieves Guild activity, with a small side helping of College of Winterhold, and a couple other minor favor quests. Of the Guild activity, I did no fewer than six, count ‘em, six thievery jobs, but I also moved the main Guild plot along and reached a significant milestone in that.
Details as always behind the fold!Continue reading “In Which Merawen Discovers Way More Guild Backstory Than She Expected”
As promised, I did finally marry my darling Lydia. <3 And for a honeymoon, I took her to go kill some draugr! It’s like our first date all over again! Highlights:
- Told Lyds “follow me. I need your help”—with getting married! ;D Off to Riften, to check in at the temple of Mara!
- Discovered Shor’s Stone and Fort Greenwall on the way down to Riften this time
- While waiting for it to be wedding time, wandered around Riften to find things to do and quests to pick up on
- Got the wife of the alchemist to ask me to go get an ore sample from the aforementioned Shor’s Stone
- Got one of the market square vendors to ask me to go get her some icewraith teeth
- Got a bounty to go kill a bandit chief from the Jarl’s steward
- Got the court wizard to ask me to help her go get some equipment for experiments
- Lydia mysteriously vanished after the wedding? Apparently immediately returned to Whiterun? Also, lol, she offered to let me move in with her
- For now, Lyds and I are still living in Whiterun, not quite prepared yet to move to Solitude? Plus I just kind of like Whiterun <3
- Headed off to Reachwater Rock for the final stage of the Forbidden Legends quest
- Re-killed the murderous Gauldurson brothers, and got the ghost of the father to re-forge his amulet, yay!
- From there, went searching for Deep Folk Crossing to find the final Aetherium shard; got Katria’s ghost to go !!! and promise to meet me at the Aetherium Forge
- And, since the Forge was conveniently where I had to go kill the bandit chief for Riften, went there next
- Killed the bandit chief and a couple other bandits, then headed into the Forge dungeon with Lydia and Katria’s ghost
- Found the forge and made the Aetherial Crown, and Katria contentedly went to be finally at peace
- Back to Riften to collect the bounty!
- Elder Dragon dropped on me right outside Riften, which startled the hell out of a nearby horse and the nearby Khajiit caravan
- Met Mjoll the Lioness and offered to go get her lost sword for her
- Headed back to Whiterun after that, where I had additional Carl sightings, made a boatload of daggers of various types and also a boatload of transmuted gold ore, and got additional training from Danica