Big dramatic session in which I not only ran a bandit bounty and sought a Word Wall, but also moved the Companions quest line along quite a bit! And wiped out both the Glenmoril Coven and the Silver Hands while I was at it.Continue reading “In Which Delga and the Companions Avenge the Death of Kodlak Whitemane”
This was a very eventful session, as I got some important side things done and moved the main Thieves Guild plot a little further along!Continue reading “In Which Merawen Becomes Thane of Falkreath and Investigates for the Guild”
Anybody reading my recent updates and going “gee Anna, you’re sure bouncing Merawen around through the various major faction plotlines” is absolutely correct. Because I am!
Part of this has to do with my previous commentary re: a) wanting to re-do the big plotlines that I had fun with before, and b) wanting to see if I can run Dawnguard and Dragonborn before I finally go for Alduin. But a new wrinkle in this is also that I’ve been running Merawen with the difficulty kicked up another notch, from “Novice” to “Apprentice”. Earlier in her run this wasn’t having a significant impact, but now that I’m up to level 30 I think I’m starting to feel it.
Hence, bouncing around through various plotlines, trying to see which ones I can finish, and which ones provide me the means to move other ones along.
More specific details, as always, behind the fold!Continue reading “In Which Merawen Joins the Dawnguard and Seeks Azura’s Star”
This session saw a whole lot of action all over the place. Cleared dungeons all over the place, killed two different dragons, met several Guild NPCs, and most importantly, finally concluded that burglary job Vex sent me on!
Deets behind the fold!Continue reading “In Which Merawen Has a Very Eventful Session”
This was a short session, compared to some of my other monster sessions lately! Main points were clearing a bounty, finding cogs for Arniel at the college, and finding another Word Wall. Highlights:
- Cleared the bounty on a dragon kill at Mount Anthor and blipped back to Winterhold to collect
- Went back to Mzulft one more time to find the rest of the cogs I needed for Arniel’s side quest at the college
- Fast traveled to Heljarchen again, where I got jumped by bandits, which Gregor helped me kill
- Then hoofed it to Volunruud to follow up on another “Letter from a Friend” to find a Word Wall
- Final fast travel to Western Watchtower resulted in another dragon and a cranky fire wizard
- In between all of the above, did another round of smithing and alchemy and selling in Whiterun, leveled up to 44, and unlocked the “Merchant” perk that lets me sell anything to any vendor
- Also remembered that Whiterun has two forges, I don’t have to sell all the armor and weapons to Warmaiden’s, and for that matter the Drunken Hunstman also buys weaponry
- The guards in Whiterun are now throwing me college-related dialogue, lol
Highlights of last night’s Skyrim run:
- Taking another crack at Mount Anthor and finding out about the “source of power” there
- Getting a direct request from Elisif the Fair to take her slain husband’s war-horn to a shrine of Talos
- Returning to Solitude to report in on that–only to learn from Falk Firebeard that oh shit Potema’s spirit is still active and loose in the Solitude Catacombs
The main highlight of this Skyrim run was doing the quest called “The Mind of Madness”, which involves you investigating what’s really going on with the Pelagius Wing of the Blue Palace in Solitude. Other than that, I tried to follow up on a couple other quests, but those didn’t go so well!Continue reading “In Which the Dragonborn Discovers Serious Weirdness in the Blue Palace”