Very low-key session in which I did only a little actual adventuring, really—and a lot of crafting to work on leveling up.Continue reading “In Which Merawen Continues General Adventuring”
I gotta say, I’m deeply amused by how the admission standards at the College of Winterhold are such that if I’m actually off questing looking for books for them, nobody minds that I’m apparently not showing up for classes. ;) Did a lot of questing for the college in this session, not only for the main college plotline, but also radiant quests.
This is a big post, with a bunch of screencaps. Highlights:
- Stopped in Whiterun multiple times to say hi to Lydia and to drop off or sell stuff, and while doing that, unlocked dragon smithing. \0/
- Killed two different Elder Dragons, one near the Western Watchtower, one literally in the college courtyard. Right in front of the Arch-Mage, lol.
- Went to a necromancer lair not far from Whiterun, freed the NPC who’d originally stolen the books, and convinced the Caller to let me take them. Got a bunch of skills books as a reward, and bumped up all my magic skills a little.
- Proceeded to the next quest on the main college plotline, which involved alerting Tolfdir to one of the interesting books I’d brought back, learning more about Ancano being a Thalmor, and having a surprise in-person visit from the Psijic monk who’d given me the earlier vision, warning me that orb was dangerous and I was going to have to act.
- Got a side quest from Ormund, the Nord apprentice at the college, to get a family amulet back from him. This involved me having to speak to Enthir, and go get a staff for him before he’d agree to give the amulet back. Fetched the staff from a necromancer in Falkreath.
- Got a side quest from Brelyna, the Dunmer apprentice at the college, to let her practice throwing spells at me.
- Got a side quest from J’zargo, the Khajiit apprentice at the college, to use some fire cloak scrolls he’s developed.
- Got two different side quests from the orc librarian at the college to find a rare tome for him, which required raiding a Falmer nest at Darkwater Crossing, and a bandit stronghold at Robber’s Gorge.
- At the Falmer nest, found and freed a trapped Argonian.
- At the bandit stronghold, killed the third dragon of the night, a Blood Dragon.
- On the way back to Whiterun after one of the side quests, got attacked by a random Argonian.
- And oh yeah, more dragon cultists ranting about me being the false Dragonborn.