This is the playthrough page for my second Skyrim playthrough, for the character Merawen of the Dunmer.
I began this playthrough immediately after the one for the Bosmer Alarrah, on 7/31/2021, just because there were large bits of the game I didn’t do with Alarrah and which I wanted to explore. I wanted Merawen to be my character to explore the Thieves Guild, to have a higher emphasis on using magic, and possibly also to explore the Dark Brotherhood.
I’d originally expected that the posts for Merawen’s run would not be quite as thorough as Alarrah’s, because of not wanting to write about the portions that would be the same. But as it turned out I had plenty of new material to talk about, as well as talking about the differences in how Merawen handled things vs. how Alarrah did.
I liked the format I followed with Alarrah’s posts once I finally got into the groove of them, and I’m doing the same format here. Expect highlights, in-depth details, and bunches and bunches of screenshots.
Here are all the posts about Merawen’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Merawen Explores North of Windstad and South of Riften - 10/10/2021In which Merawen assists the Nord wizard Anska in High Gate Ruins; explores all along the northeastern coast of Skyrim; and slays another Revered Dragon at Lost Tongue Overlook.
- In Which Merawen Has a Way Livelier Night Than Anticipated - 10/09/2021In which Merawen builds, crafts, and enchants all the things--and then has an unexpectedly VERY lively night after agreeing to have a few drinks with a guy in Windhelm.
- In Which Merawen Becomes Thane of Hjaalmarch and Also Defeats Miraak - 10/08/2021In which Merawen becomes thane of Hjaalmarch after uncovering a vampire plot in Morthal; and in which she finally slays Miraak and ends his threat to Solstheim.
- In Which Merawen Tells Sapphire About Her Father, and Slays a Dragon in Solitude - 10/07/2021In which Merawen brings Glover Mallory's letter to his daughter in the Thieves Guild--and later, fights and slays a Revered Dragon right in the heart of Solitude.
- In Which Merawen Clears White Ridge Barrow and Discovers the Fate of Torkild - 10/06/2021In which Merawen clears White Ridge Barrow and defeats a mad mage there, as well as a Dragon Priest; and in which she discovers the fate of the lost Skaal Torkild.
Merawen’s playthrough has a lot more screenshots than Alarrah’s does. Here’s an album of all of her screenshots, broken down by individual play sessions. I can’t paginate this album display, though, so apologies for the length it adds to the page!
Like the posts listed above, the screenshots are listed in descending order by date. But they are not dynamically updated. I’ll be manually adding new sessions’ screenshots to this album when I can.