This is the playthrough page for my second Skyrim playthrough, for the character Merawen of the Dunmer.
I began this playthrough immediately after the one for the Bosmer Alarrah, on 7/31/2021, just because there were large bits of the game I didn’t do with Alarrah and which I wanted to explore. I wanted Merawen to be my character to explore the Thieves Guild, to have a higher emphasis on using magic, and possibly also to explore the Dark Brotherhood.
I’d originally expected that the posts for Merawen’s run would not be quite as thorough as Alarrah’s, because of not wanting to write about the portions that would be the same. But as it turned out I had plenty of new material to talk about, as well as talking about the differences in how Merawen handled things vs. how Alarrah did.
I liked the format I followed with Alarrah’s posts once I finally got into the groove of them, and I’m doing the same format here. Expect highlights, in-depth details, and bunches and bunches of screenshots.
Here are all the posts about Merawen’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Merawen Slays Vahlok the Jailor and Karstaag the Frost Giant - 10/05/2021In which Merawen escorts the scholar Tharstan through Vahlok's Tomb, and slays the Dragon Priest Vahlok; slays the frost giant Karstaag; and retrieves a lost bonemold formula for Glover Mallory.
- In Which Merawen Slays the Dragon Priest Ahzidal and Clears Kolbjorn Barrow - 10/04/2021In which Merawen clears the last of Kolbjorn Barrow--and slays the Dragon Priest Ahzidal, freeing his unwitting servant Ralis from his thrall.
- In Which Merawen Clears Benkongerike and Slays the Dragon Viinturuth - 10/03/2021In which Merawen plumbs the depths of Benkongerike, and finds a Word Wall and the Untold Legends Black Book; and in which she slays the dragon Viinturuth, shortly after Alduin resurrects him.
- In Which Merawen Cleanses the Water Stone - 10/02/2021In which Merawen cleanses the final All-Maker Stone, and retrieves the skull of the frost giant Karstaag from Glacial Cave.
- In Which Merawen Clears More Draugr from Kolbjorn Barrow and Confronts Ildari Sarothril - 10/01/2021In which Merawen presses further into Kolbjorn Barrow, eliminating more of the draugr that threaten the excavation there; and in which she takes out Ildari Sarothril, nemesis of Neloth.
Merawen’s playthrough has a lot more screenshots than Alarrah’s does. Here’s an album of all of her screenshots, broken down by individual play sessions. I can’t paginate this album display, though, so apologies for the length it adds to the page!
Like the posts listed above, the screenshots are listed in descending order by date. But they are not dynamically updated. I’ll be manually adding new sessions’ screenshots to this album when I can.