This is the playthrough page for my second Skyrim playthrough, for the character Merawen of the Dunmer.
I began this playthrough immediately after the one for the Bosmer Alarrah, on 7/31/2021, just because there were large bits of the game I didn’t do with Alarrah and which I wanted to explore. I wanted Merawen to be my character to explore the Thieves Guild, to have a higher emphasis on using magic, and possibly also to explore the Dark Brotherhood.
I’d originally expected that the posts for Merawen’s run would not be quite as thorough as Alarrah’s, because of not wanting to write about the portions that would be the same. But as it turned out I had plenty of new material to talk about, as well as talking about the differences in how Merawen handled things vs. how Alarrah did.
I liked the format I followed with Alarrah’s posts once I finally got into the groove of them, and I’m doing the same format here. Expect highlights, in-depth details, and bunches and bunches of screenshots.
Here are all the posts about Merawen’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Merawen Recovers a Ghost’s Sword and Goes to Volunruud - 10/16/2021In which Merawen recovers a lost sword for a ghost, and investigates the ruin of Volunruud to seek out the source of power there (spoiler alert: a Word Wall!).
- In Which Merawen Battles the Chicken Necromancer - 10/14/2021In which Merawen continues her journey around the land, discovers the fate of a farmer's missing wife, and fights a particularly unique necromancer!
- In Which Merawen Battles Pirates and Explores the Land - 10/13/2021In which Merawen aids the East Empire Company in Windhelm with a pirate problem, and explores an abandoned prison and a troll-infested cavern.
- In Which Merawen Aids a Treasure-Seeker and the Largashbur Orc Stronghold - 10/12/2021In which Merawen aids the excavator Medresi Dran at Angarvunde, and then the tribe of Orcs in the stronghold Largashbur.
- In Which Merawen Slays the Dragon Priest Rahgot - 10/11/2021In which Merawen slays the Dragon Priest Rahgot at Forelhost—and thwarts the plans of “Captain Valmir”.
Merawen’s playthrough has a lot more screenshots than Alarrah’s does. Here’s an album of all of her screenshots, broken down by individual play sessions. I can’t paginate this album display, though, so apologies for the length it adds to the page!
Like the posts listed above, the screenshots are listed in descending order by date. But they are not dynamically updated. I’ll be manually adding new sessions’ screenshots to this album when I can.