This is the playthrough page for my second Skyrim playthrough, for the character Merawen of the Dunmer.
I began this playthrough immediately after the one for the Bosmer Alarrah, on 7/31/2021, just because there were large bits of the game I didn’t do with Alarrah and which I wanted to explore. I wanted Merawen to be my character to explore the Thieves Guild, to have a higher emphasis on using magic, and possibly also to explore the Dark Brotherhood.
I’d originally expected that the posts for Merawen’s run would not be quite as thorough as Alarrah’s, because of not wanting to write about the portions that would be the same. But as it turned out I had plenty of new material to talk about, as well as talking about the differences in how Merawen handled things vs. how Alarrah did.
I liked the format I followed with Alarrah’s posts once I finally got into the groove of them, and I’m doing the same format here. Expect highlights, in-depth details, and bunches and bunches of screenshots.
Here are all the posts about Merawen’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- Final Thoughts on Merawen’s Skyrim Run - 10/30/2021The final post for Merawen's Skyrim run, doing a roundup of my various thoughts about various aspects of it. Includes two videos, with a sweep through her stats and skills!
- In Which Merawen Slays the World-Eater in Sovngarde - 10/30/2021In which Merawen rather belatedly acquires a proper house in Riften, and then goes and celebrates by going all the way to Sovngarde and taking out the World-Eater, Alduin.
- In Which Merawen Masters the Illusion School, and Attends a Peace Council - 10/29/2021In which Merawen achieves final mastery of the Illusion school of magic—and then attends a peace council fraught with politics and tension at High Hrothgar.
- In Which Merawen Achieves Mastery of Destruction - 10/28/2021In which Merawen engages in the mage college's ritual quest for the Destruction school of magic, investigating the clues in a mysterious book given her by Faralda.
- In Which Merawen Defeats the Ebony Warrior and Arranges a Peace Council - 10/27/2021In which Merawen gives the Ebony Warrior the final sendoff to Sovngarde he craves; and in which she gets both Ulfric Stormcloak and General Tullius to agree to a peace council.
Merawen’s playthrough has a lot more screenshots than Alarrah’s does. Here’s an album of all of her screenshots, broken down by individual play sessions. I can’t paginate this album display, though, so apologies for the length it adds to the page!
Like the posts listed above, the screenshots are listed in descending order by date. But they are not dynamically updated. I’ll be manually adding new sessions’ screenshots to this album when I can.