This is the playthrough page for my second Skyrim playthrough, for the character Merawen of the Dunmer.
I began this playthrough immediately after the one for the Bosmer Alarrah, on 7/31/2021, just because there were large bits of the game I didn’t do with Alarrah and which I wanted to explore. I wanted Merawen to be my character to explore the Thieves Guild, to have a higher emphasis on using magic, and possibly also to explore the Dark Brotherhood.
I’d originally expected that the posts for Merawen’s run would not be quite as thorough as Alarrah’s, because of not wanting to write about the portions that would be the same. But as it turned out I had plenty of new material to talk about, as well as talking about the differences in how Merawen handled things vs. how Alarrah did.
I liked the format I followed with Alarrah’s posts once I finally got into the groove of them, and I’m doing the same format here. Expect highlights, in-depth details, and bunches and bunches of screenshots.
Here are all the posts about Merawen’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Merawen Clears Treva’s Watch and Encounters the Ebony Warrior - 10/26/2021In which Merawen clears Treva's Watch, which has driven Stalleo out of his family home; in which she consults with Arngeir about the Greybeards hosting a peace conference; and in which she encounters an Ebony Warrior who wants her to send him to Sovngarde.
- In Which Merawen Finally Returns at Least a Bit to the Main Plot - 10/25/2021In which Merawen explores the Sightless Pit and snipes in passing at Fort Kastav and Faldar's Tooth; in which she battles multiple dragons and vampires; and in which she finally speaks with the Jarl of Whiterun about this wacky dragon-trapping plan for Dragonsreach.
- In Which Merawen Gets Final Restoration Training - 10/24/2021In which Merawen gets her final restoration training at the mage college, and in which she does a great deal of treasure hunting on the side.
- In Which Merawen Gains Final Training in Alteration and Conjuration - 10/23/2021In which Merawen finally makes enough progress in her magical training to achieve the ritual quests for Alteration and Conjuration magic, and in which she fights and defeats her first Legendary Dragon.
- In Which Merawen Does Yet More General Adventuring and Crafting - 10/22/2021In which Merawen does yet more general adventuring and crafting, as she works on the mastery of her magic, and building her power to finally take on Alduin.
Merawen’s playthrough has a lot more screenshots than Alarrah’s does. Here’s an album of all of her screenshots, broken down by individual play sessions. I can’t paginate this album display, though, so apologies for the length it adds to the page!
Like the posts listed above, the screenshots are listed in descending order by date. But they are not dynamically updated. I’ll be manually adding new sessions’ screenshots to this album when I can.