This is the playthrough page for my second Skyrim playthrough, for the character Merawen of the Dunmer.
I began this playthrough immediately after the one for the Bosmer Alarrah, on 7/31/2021, just because there were large bits of the game I didn’t do with Alarrah and which I wanted to explore. I wanted Merawen to be my character to explore the Thieves Guild, to have a higher emphasis on using magic, and possibly also to explore the Dark Brotherhood.
I’d originally expected that the posts for Merawen’s run would not be quite as thorough as Alarrah’s, because of not wanting to write about the portions that would be the same. But as it turned out I had plenty of new material to talk about, as well as talking about the differences in how Merawen handled things vs. how Alarrah did.
I liked the format I followed with Alarrah’s posts once I finally got into the groove of them, and I’m doing the same format here. Expect highlights, in-depth details, and bunches and bunches of screenshots.
Here are all the posts about Merawen’s playthrough! These are dynamically updated, so a new post should appear here when it goes up. They’re listed in descending date order, so the newest posts should always appear first. Also, note the pagination controls after the first five posts. You can page through to see the older ones.
- In Which Merawen Continues General Adventuring - 10/21/2021In which Merawen does a bit more general adventuring and a _lot_ more working on her crafting skills.
- In Which Merawen Explores Yngol’s Barrow and Narzulbur - 10/20/2021In which Merawen explores Yngol's Barrow, and visits the orc stronghold Narzulbur.
- In Which Merawen Acquires the Spellbreaker Shield - 10/19/2021In which Merawen is sent to Bthardamz by the Daedric prince Peryite to kill a worshipper who's betrayed him, and in which she acquires the Spellbreaker shield.
- In Which Merawen Foils a Conspiracy and Escapes Cidhna Mine - 10/18/2021In which Merawen journeys once more around the land, crafting and smithing and adventuring; and in which she discovers and foils a conspiracy in Markarth, helping the Forsworn escape from Cidhna Mine.
- In Which Merawen Finally Fights Alduin and Also Acquires the Wabbajack - 10/17/2021In which Merawen finally brings the Dragon Elder Scroll to the Time-Wound at the top of the Throat of the World, and fights Alduin there; and in which she acquires the Wabbajack from Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness.
Merawen’s playthrough has a lot more screenshots than Alarrah’s does. Here’s an album of all of her screenshots, broken down by individual play sessions. I can’t paginate this album display, though, so apologies for the length it adds to the page!
Like the posts listed above, the screenshots are listed in descending order by date. But they are not dynamically updated. I’ll be manually adding new sessions’ screenshots to this album when I can.