The main overall goal of this session was basically “get enough money to buy decorations for Hjerim in Windhelm”. With that in mind, I did a whole bunch of side questing, mostly stuff for the mage college, but also finishing off the Forbidden Legend quest.
- Boinged from Windhelm to Lakeview; dropped off Gauldur weapons; couldn’t drop off ivory claw yet as it was still a quest item
- Enchanted the clothes confiscated from Ulfric’s dead body, and renamed them to Delga’s Boots, Delga’s Bracers, and Delga’s Clothes 😆
- Rayya and I killed a giant by the house
- Boinged to Whiterun to sell stuff in all four shops
- Boinged to mage college for training; sold a few things to Phinis, then got training from everybody
- Took several side quests: find a book quest from Urag, Onmund’s quest for his family amulet, Arniel’s next one, and an Aftershock quest from Tolfdir; this means getting two staves for Enthir!
- Boinged to Rimerock Burrow, which had respawned; re-killed Sebastian Lort and got the book for Urag
- Boinged down to Reachwater Rock to deal with reforging the amulet; mined iron ore vein just outside
- Cleared the dungeon but it took two tries—the ghost brothers didn’t kill me but one of them did hit me with Unrelenting Force that glitched me through the walls of the place and threw me back out to the entrance 😮
- And I couldn’t get back in to fight them, so I had to reload from save and do it again
- Second time through Delga decided sneak was the better part of valor and parked in a niche to snipe the ghosts when she saw them; that got me through and I got the amulet! And treasure from the boss chest
- Hit mushroom patches and an orichalcum vein on the way out
- Emerged to flyby dragon, also mined silver vein
- Went to Markarth to sell stuff to Lisbet and Ghorza, tried to check Understone Keep to see if I could get to be thane in Markarth too, but Jarl wasn’t in court so I’ll have to come back later
- Fast traveled to Ilinalta’s Deep next; killed little bitty mudcrab just outside; only had to go partway in, mid-point boss had the staff for Enthir
- One more stop in Whiterun; brief alchemy break in Breezehome; then sold stuff
- Went back to Lakeview to drop off the dragon claws; built a few decorations that were still needing to be built so I could burn through the crafting materials in my inventory
- Boinged back to Windhelm to see about buying some furnishings! Purchased cleaning up the murderer’s mess, living room, kitchen, bedroom furnishings
- That all made the house much less creepy, and also lit it up some so Calder doesn’t have to sit in the dark
- Saved there for the night
Not a terribly complex session, given that all the little side quests I hit were things I’ve done before.
The most interesting thing that happened in any of these was the glitch I triggered at Reachwater Rock, because I hadn’t ever seen Sigdis show the ability to Shout me right through walls in that dungeon! That was pretty impressive, being flung into an open void before I finally landed back at the entrance to the dungeon.
I was able to return to the boss chamber, but I couldn’t get back into the boss chamber—because a gate had come down when I initiated combat with the brothers. So I couldn’t get back in to finish the fight with them, and I had to restore from my last auto-save to re-do the dungeon completely.
Fortunately, Reachwater Rock is not a big dungeon! So it wasn’t too big of a pain in the ass to have to re-do the whole thing.
Let it also be noted for the record that I find it slightly weird that a named enemy respawns? Because Rimerock Burrow has the mage Sebastian Lort who does respawn when the dungeon does. When I came back to the place in this session. he was alive all over again! The wiki does not say he’s a necromancer, and it does say that his respawning is a known bug that’s been fixed in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. He’s apparently supposed to be replaced by a generic mage once you off him during A Daedra’s Best Friend!
I guess he must be a latent necromancer? Powerful enough to resurrect himself? Lol!
Going to continue doing this little burst of side quests, and see if I can finish furnishing Hjerim. And then I think I’ll go to High Hrothgar and see Paathurnax!